Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Decor.

We are getting ready for Christmas around here in a big way.  I have learned a couple of things about what I love as far as decorating for Christmas.

1) Keep it simple.  Many people myself included, have a tendency to OVER decorate.  My favorite decorated homes, are often simple, with clean classic lines.

,

I love simplicity of the this.  It really doesn't take much for a Holiday feel.


2)  Spend your money on fresh greens, and trimmings, and save on ornaments and nick nacks.    I spend the biggest portion of my decorating budget on a fresh wreath, and fresh trimmings.
As far as trimmings are concerned always check with a local christmas tree street vendor  for bunches of extra greenery.  It is much less expensive than at fancy nurseries....    





3)  Decorate with items that have special meaning to your family.  I love decorating with traditional pieces in my house, that have either been passed down, gifts from loved one, or just simply have meaning to me.




  

4)  Get your kids involved.  As much as we may cringe at the thought, it is always more meaningful if you have help from loved ones while decorating.  Even if it means re-arranging the Christmas tree late at night when the kids are in bed, it is always worth the smiles.



This was a little garland the kids helped me put together for our kitchen.  I think it is darling....particularly because of the those I love involved.





1 comment:

  1. I am the same way. I told the hubs this year that I can't take all the clutter. We are in a 2 bedroom apartment and I told him, by the end of December, I feel like it's caving in!! So we just put out a few things, the best things and kept the rest in a box! And I like my Christmas decorating this year better than I ever have because it's not as cluttered.

    ReplyDelete